danceart.

the next generation of Dance as Art

Hello Everyone,

So there are a few things I wanted to discuss in the this post.

1) My name is Daniel DeFranco and I am dance teacher, choreographer, dancer and the owner of Groove National Dance Competition.  My goal was to create a competition that is truly dancer focused.  I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about my vision for all of the dancers that attend our events.  Here is what we are offering...

Groove is all about YOU!  This is your chance to perform, learn and have a fun-filled weekend event.  We center our program completely around individual dancers and their growth as performers.  Our goal is not just one weekend of competition but instead, a constant dedication to the growth of each individual dancer via classes, workshops and opportunities.  Here is what you can expect at every event:

Free Master Classes
We always provide free master classes at every event to introduce students to industry professionals and give students influence from different styles of dance.  A weekend of performance combined with a weekend of learning creates well-rounded, unstoppable dancers.

Free Gift for All Students
Each student will receive a free gift as our way of saying thank you for joining us.  When you are participating at one of our events you are not just competing, you are joining our family and this is our way of saying, “Welcome!”

All Digital Score Sheets and Green Technology
We love technology!  All score sheets and video critiques will be available online.  Additionally, it is our firm belief that we are merely visitors of this planet and should do our best to leave it in a better condition than when we arrived.  That is why Groove is doing all that we can to be an environmentally responsible group.  We use hardly any paper at our events; we use high efficiency LED lighting, an online registration system and eco-friendly awards to reduce our carbon footprint.  Groove had gone green.

Opportunities for Dancers
We offer many dancers the chance to take their skills to the next level.  We are in the process of creating our performance company, G-Rock, that will work with the best choreographers in the industry, perform at various events and be offered dance industry jobs.  For more information check out our G-Rock webpage.

Unique Awards
What happens to all of those trophies gathered over the years?  After speaking with many studio directors we have concluded that most of them make their way to a shelf in the studio.  Next, they begin to collect dust for a few years and finally make their way to the dumpster.  Why is this so?  Most directors claim, “There are just too many of them.”  We have done our best to solve this problem.  After each event your studio will be mailed a single plaque with each entry and it’s adjudicated award listed.  This provides you with a permanent record of each number’s award as well and a compact, elegant way of displaying them.  Additionally each student will receive a bracelet for each adjudicated award.

$20,000+ In Cash Prize
We are pretty serious about rewarding talent.  This season at ten events we will be awarding over $20,000 in cash prizes.  We also offer the option of donating all or some of your cash winnings to the Avery Angel Foundation helping to find a cure for childhood cancer as well as support the families of the children.

Recognition
We feel it is important not only to recognize dancers but also teachers.  We love unique awards including, choreography, technique, training, etc.  A good teacher is what makes a good dancer and they should be recognized for their skills.

A Fun-Filled Weekend
Most importantly we are all about fun.  We have an incredibly up-beat and outgoing staff that truly loves what they do.  We have a blast at every event we run and we know you will too!

2) For more information give me a call and I would be happy to talk to you about what we offer and what your students are looking for.  Our phone number is (732) 579-0737.  You can also download a copy of our rules as well as view our tour dates and locations on our website at www.GrooveCompetition.com.  I have also attached a brief overview that included most of the information here plus a basic description of our categories, division, age groups and performance classes.  Also, at the bottom of our website you can join our mailing list to receive updates about Groove.

3) I want to hear from you.  Please let me know what you think, what you would like to see at a competition and what you do not want to see.  This is all about the dancers, so please give me your feedback!

Thanks everyone for reading.  I really hope to see you at one of our events in 2012!  Keep on Groovin' :)

Peace and Love,

Daniel DeFranco 

Views: 127

Attachments:

Reply to This

© 2020   Created by danceart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service